Performs testing, repair and maintenance activities to equipment at field sites. Operates and maintains digital and analog electronic devices and troubleshoots assemblies to the board level. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Share this job
- Provides assistance to senior field technicians in setting up, installing and initiating the operations and servicing of equipment at field sites
- Provides assistance to senior field technicians performing routine campaigns and installations.
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specification to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams and draws layouts of electronic equipment.
- Interfaces with customer agency in a professional manner during operational meetings or while supervising campaign and/or installation of equipment at field sites.
- Identifies and analyzes equipment malfunctions and utilizes various maintenance and repair manuals, test equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, and electrical equipment, to rework, repair and maintain equipment.
- Maintains records of all maintenance activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Assists other site technicians in solving unusual problems in the hardware.
- Performs general maintenance on all installed equipment.
- Performs technical and semi-technical tasks not always electronic in nature.
- Builds cable assemblies and Printed Circuit Board (PCBs) as required.
- May serve as Lead and performs other related duties.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent in electronics, computer science, information systems and/or related technical school plus a minimum of 4 years related experience
- Ability to understand verbal instructions to rework, repair, test, troubleshoot and maintain equipment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel foreign and domestic
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work in hectic and noisy environments